Autor Thema: dreambox 800 HD (not SE) problem with standby->18V instead of standby->13V->18V  (Gelesen 18556 mal)

Andy

• Profil anzeigen
I have a dreambox dm800hd and installed the driver as described. However, it does not show up as a new tuner in the Enigma2 interface.
A week ago I had a nice chat on IRC #sundtek, when mrec logged in to my dreambox and mentioned Sundtek will need to make a new driver to fix this problem. It has something to do with the voltage.
The ETA was 1-2 days. I am wondering what the status is, as I still see the same driver on the site as the one I installed. When will the new driver become available?

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
Re:dreambox 800 HD (not SE) problem with standby->18V instead of standby->13V->18V
« Antwort #1 am: Februar 06, 2012, 09:01:47 Vormittag »
It will take a few more days, until the next (big) update is available unfortunately we cannot do any other modifications.
Once that update is available we can continue to work on customer requests.

The update consists of a new chipdriver which is essential for our upcoming products it also uses some components from the other devices which are currently supported, kind of everything is being touched right now.
Failure is a good thing! I'll fix it

Andy

• Profil anzeigen
Re:dreambox 800 HD (not SE) problem with standby->18V instead of standby->13V->18V
« Antwort #2 am: Februar 06, 2012, 10:35:59 Vormittag »
I understand you will use a new chip for new usb tuners, but I have the "old" version (purchased last summer)
I tried on dreambox and on mythtv, it's not working  :(

So far I can not use the usb dvb-s tuner I purchased. mrec (Markus) said after the ssh session this is a known problem with the 13/18V change when a dreambox comes out of standby or on startup. Now I read that this is considered a customer request?? I am not asking for a new feature here, this is basic essential functionality...

Will the problem for dreamboxes be fixed in the new update that will be released in a few days?
If not, is there any workaround?

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #3 am: Februar 06, 2012, 11:23:39 Vormittag »
Those modifications can be added once the update is done, we will keep support for all devices we have and had.

Some good news the first update will very likely be available today or tomorrow.
« Letzte Änderung: Februar 06, 2012, 02:35:39 Nachmittag von Sundtek »

Andy

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #4 am: Februar 10, 2012, 11:07:57 Vormittag »
I installed the patched driver and had mrec tweak it a bit more in an ssh session.
Good news is I can see the driver in the Enigma2 gui (openpli) and when I'm recording on 1 transponder, the dreambox uses the onboard tuner (as usual), when I zap to a different transponder the dreambox tries to use the usb tuner - but it cannot tune. I have no signal.
I swapped the cables from usbtuner and onboard tuner and still have signal onboard, so both lnb's are ok.
Something seems still wrong with the tuning?

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #5 am: Februar 10, 2012, 11:34:56 Vormittag »
You will need an active USB Hub to solve this on your side.

The LNB draws too much power, once the internal LNB helps to power it it works okay though.

Andy

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #6 am: Februar 10, 2012, 01:58:47 Nachmittag »
Thanks,
an alternative idea is to connect the usbtuner to a separate computer and use the server/client possibilities. But I heard that part was broken in the previous version, is it fixed already in this latest version?

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #7 am: Februar 10, 2012, 02:06:42 Nachmittag »
Yes, the network connectivity works with the latest driver, there was some issue with scanning the network in the previous version, please be sure that client and server has the same version installed

Andy

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #8 am: Februar 12, 2012, 11:10:25 Nachmittag »
I still can't get a "Lock" when I connect the usbtuner to a linux computer, even the cable I use works fine when I test it on the dreambox. Tried with the examples on your site which should lock I think?
I will look to buy a powered usb hub.
Apart from that, is usb 1.1 supported? It would be great if I could use the tuner with usb-passthrough on vmware esxi.

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #9 am: Februar 13, 2012, 08:05:52 Vormittag »
USB 1.1 is supported but only with SDTV (channels which have a lower bandwidth than ~10 mbit).

The examples are for Astra 19.2

However on the PC it should work, which application did you use for testing?

Andy

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #10 am: Februar 17, 2012, 03:16:31 Nachmittag »
I used the mediaclient binary, as in the example at http://support.sundtek.com/index.php/topic,341.0.html
so something like:
/opt/bin/mediaclient -m DVBS -f 10714000 -M QPSK -S 22000000 -V H -E 5/6
but it does not return . [LOCKED]

andy@mythtv:~$ /opt/bin/mediaclient -m DVBS -f 10714000 -M QPSK -S 22000000 -V H -E 5/6
Using device: /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
Setting DVB-S/S2 tune Parameters
using HI/LO Band frequency: 10714000
Modulation: QPSK (DVB-S)
Symbolrate: 22000000
Voltage: 18 Volt (Horizontal)
FEC: 5/6
Tone OFF
Frequency: 964000
Syntax OK
Checking for lock:
andy@mythtv:~$

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #11 am: Februar 17, 2012, 09:17:00 Nachmittag »
Does your dish point to Astra 19.2?

Is the LED of your tuner green or blue?

Andy

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #12 am: April 19, 2012, 09:29:38 Vormittag »
My dish is a Technisat Multytenne Twin, indeed pointed to Astra 19.2. One output is connected to my dreambox and works fine to view television. the other output is connected to the sundtek usb.
The LED is not on most of the time. Is there something I should do before checking the LED?

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #13 am: April 20, 2012, 04:22:10 Vormittag »
Hmm.. this seems to be out of reach to be supported through the forum, you might ship the device back to Berlin for testing and/or replacing it with the newer version.

It's weird that it doesn't lock on your side, this is at least something I would expect here. Better some HW Engineer looks over the device at that stage.

Andy

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #14 am: April 28, 2012, 09:43:11 Vormittag »
ok, I'll look to ship it back and refer to this thread. thank you!