Autor Thema: Remote receiver  (Gelesen 11412 mal)

RLM

• Profil anzeigen
Remote receiver
« am: November 02, 2009, 05:08:25 Nachmittag »
Where on the device is the receiver located? If I plug this device into a USB port on the back of my media-center, will it be able to receive signal from the remote without "line-of-sight"?

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
Re:Remote receiver
« Antwort #1 am: November 02, 2009, 06:14:31 Nachmittag »
We will check for the technical specification of this. We are aware that the remote control is not the best unit so we are thinking about a better and bigger one. The receiver is located behind the transparent dark plastic.

It might be possible that the remote control is not strong enough for this, we are working on providing support for alternative remote controls soon.
« Letzte Änderung: November 03, 2009, 03:50:09 Vormittag von Sundtek »
Failure is a good thing! I'll fix it

gergomez

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #2 am: Dezember 13, 2009, 05:44:55 Nachmittag »
I have also problems with the remote, I'm not able to make it working, it seems that it is not sending any signal. I first tried with the battery in a correct position, but it does not work, then I change the battery orientation and try again with no success, then I found the + symbol in the side, so put back the battery in the correct orientation, but no luck either. I have configure the lirc daemon as indicated, but nothing is being sent from the lirc socket. I have check with irw and get nothing. Any way I can check if the remote is broken?

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #3 am: Dezember 13, 2009, 05:52:51 Nachmittag »
There's an easy check if the battery is still alive, point your remote control into the webcam and check if it is blinking. When inserting the remote control the wrong way the battery will be over very soon!

For setting up the remote control you might also try

/opt/doc/lirc_install.sh

The installation manual was written for ubuntu 9.04, the setup might have changed slightly.

What is the output of getinput.sh?

http://support.sundtek.com/index.php/topic,54.0.html

gergomez

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #4 am: Dezember 13, 2009, 06:10:09 Nachmittag »
It gives /dev/input/event10. I have configure the lirc package first with dpkg-reconfigure and then manually to check everything was right. When I do a /opt/bin/mediaclient -e I get:

device 0: [Sundtek MediaTV Gold]  DVB-C, DVB-T, ANALOG-TV, FM-RADIO, REMOTE-CONTROL, OSS-AUDIO
  [DVB-C]:
     FRONTEND: /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
     DVR: /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0
     DMX: /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0
  [DVB-T]:
     FRONTEND: /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
     DVR: /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0
     DMX: /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0
  [ANALOG-TV]:
     VIDEO0: /dev/video0
     VBI0: /dev/vbi0
  [FM-RADIO]:
     RADIO0: /dev/radio0
  [REMOTECONTROL]:
     INPUT0: /dev/mediainput0
  [OSS]:
     OSS0: /dev/dsp0

should I change the event10 for /dev/mediainput10?

And anyway to check if the remote is working? With some remotes you can see some kind of red light when pressing a button, with others the IR filter is better and you don't see anything. Can I check if the remote is working? Maybe that putting the battery the wrong way would break it?

Regards,

- german

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #5 am: Dezember 13, 2009, 06:15:43 Nachmittag »
Zitat
Maybe that putting the battery the wrong way would break it?

it can make the battery empty very fast!

There's an easy check if the battery is still alive, point your remote control into the webcam and check if it is white blinking.

gergomez

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #6 am: Dezember 13, 2009, 09:39:40 Nachmittag »
If I point it to a videocamera and press a button it white-blinks. So it is working, now I have to make lirc working. I'll try to check if it is receiving something from the input event device.

Should I set the remote protocol to anything?? or would the default work? If I use /opt/bin/mediaclient -l
0 .. NEC IR Protocol
1 .. RC5 IR Protocol
2 .. RC6 Mode0 IR Protocol
3 .. RC6 Mode6A IR Protocol
« Letzte Änderung: Dezember 13, 2009, 10:57:26 Nachmittag von gergomez »

gergomez

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #7 am: Dezember 14, 2009, 02:05:22 Vormittag »
GOT IT WORKING! :-D It was just a matter of using the right lircd.conf, and it seems that someway my installation was pointing to the wrong file. Now I get it working, and even the pulseaudio plugin is working without problems. REALLY HAPPY USER :-D