English > {Single, Dual, Quad} Sundtek SkyTV Ultimate

dreambox 800 HD (not SE) problem with standby->18V instead of standby->13V->18V

(1/4) > >>

Andy:
I have a dreambox dm800hd and installed the driver as described. However, it does not show up as a new tuner in the Enigma2 interface.
A week ago I had a nice chat on IRC #sundtek, when mrec logged in to my dreambox and mentioned Sundtek will need to make a new driver to fix this problem. It has something to do with the voltage.
The ETA was 1-2 days. I am wondering what the status is, as I still see the same driver on the site as the one I installed. When will the new driver become available?

Sundtek:
It will take a few more days, until the next (big) update is available unfortunately we cannot do any other modifications.
Once that update is available we can continue to work on customer requests.

The update consists of a new chipdriver which is essential for our upcoming products it also uses some components from the other devices which are currently supported, kind of everything is being touched right now.

Andy:
I understand you will use a new chip for new usb tuners, but I have the "old" version (purchased last summer)
I tried on dreambox and on mythtv, it's not working  :(

So far I can not use the usb dvb-s tuner I purchased. mrec (Markus) said after the ssh session this is a known problem with the 13/18V change when a dreambox comes out of standby or on startup. Now I read that this is considered a customer request?? I am not asking for a new feature here, this is basic essential functionality...

Will the problem for dreamboxes be fixed in the new update that will be released in a few days?
If not, is there any workaround?

Sundtek:
Those modifications can be added once the update is done, we will keep support for all devices we have and had.

Some good news the first update will very likely be available today or tomorrow.

Andy:
I installed the patched driver and had mrec tweak it a bit more in an ssh session.
Good news is I can see the driver in the Enigma2 gui (openpli) and when I'm recording on 1 transponder, the dreambox uses the onboard tuner (as usual), when I zap to a different transponder the dreambox tries to use the usb tuner - but it cannot tune. I have no signal.
I swapped the cables from usbtuner and onboard tuner and still have signal onboard, so both lnb's are ok.
Something seems still wrong with the tuning?

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln