Autor Thema: Using virtual tuner on a Windows PC  (Gelesen 16628 mal)

Taiger

• Profil anzeigen
Using virtual tuner on a Windows PC
« am: März 22, 2011, 09:57:20 Vormittag »
Hello All,

I have recently bought the Sundtek MediaTV Digital Home (DVB-CT) device and have it set up in my Linux server.
The idea was to have the Server handling the stick for other devices in my home when they now and then need it. I have installed drivers “http://www.sundtek.de/media/sundtek_installer_110207.2248.sh” on the server, and I also used these in my Dreambox DM500HD (Open Pli 2.0). This works without problems (actually better than I had imagined it before I bought the USB stick).

After this up and working I started with the Windows (7) PC to try and connect to the Linux so that I would be able to watch TV also on the that PC. After some digging around in the forum I found the thread http://support.sundtek.com/index.php/topic,540.0.html . In the bottom row it is written(under roadmap upcoming updates) “* virtual windows driver to use our devices via network with Microsoft Windows/Windows MediaCenter etc.”.

So I understand that there is actually not support for streaming to a Windows computer yet then but do you have an estimate about when it could come as some first beta?

Okay this is nothing that I can’t live without for the time being, and the device is working very well with current setup, but it would be interesting to know if you could give some estimate.

So keep up the good work that you have been doing so far, I can defiantly recommend this device to anyone that is thinking about getting a USB tuner.

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
Re:Using virtual tuner on a Windows PC
« Antwort #1 am: März 22, 2011, 01:00:50 Nachmittag »
DVB-T is ready
DVB-C is ready
ATSC (US) is ready
AnalogTV maybe at a later time
DVB-S/S2 is currently in progress.

we hope to get out something soon.
Failure is a good thing! I'll fix it

Taiger

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #2 am: März 22, 2011, 09:36:42 Nachmittag »
DVB-T is ready
DVB-C is ready
ATSC (US) is ready

Okay thank you for the info, I currently only use the DVB-C so as soon as you get something out I will test it. :)

fLoo

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #3 am: November 03, 2011, 01:51:46 Vormittag »
When will it be done. Im waiting Weeks now ...

Taiger

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #4 am: Dezember 18, 2011, 11:35:14 Vormittag »
DVB-T is ready
DVB-C is ready
ATSC (US) is ready

As the DVB-T/C have been ready for almost a year now would it be an idea to release this (Without DVB-S/S2). It's a bit annoying for non DVB-S users to be limited by the wait of something they anyhow don't use...

At least some Beta drivers where DVB-T/C is included ....

fLoo

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #5 am: Dezember 20, 2011, 01:43:54 Vormittag »
I've asked the exact same thing in the german forum with the same answer. I seriously think this is a hoax and there wont ever be support regarding this topic.

Sincerely

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #6 am: März 23, 2012, 12:22:44 Nachmittag »
The "hoax" became reality

Our first releases:
http://support.sundtek.com/index.php/topic,841.msg5602.html

Unfortunately we had to deal with some unexpected device upgrades on our side which delayed that work a little bit.

Taiger

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #7 am: April 02, 2012, 05:34:52 Nachmittag »
The "hoax" became reality

Our first releases:
http://support.sundtek.com/index.php/topic,841.msg5602.html

Unfortunately we had to deal with some unexpected device upgrades on our side which delayed that work a little bit.

Hello, Thanks you for the newly released drivers, I have now updated my server (Runing Ubuntu 10.04.3) with latest drivers, I also updated my DreamBox 500HD with the new drivers. Its working (as always) between the DM500 box and the Server. But I don't seam to get it to work between Server and Windows PC (Win 7 64-bit).
When I Start the Sundtek Streamline TV scanner program it finds a "Sundtek Media TV Digital Home (USB 2.0)" the strange thing is that its not my Servers IP address that is shown for IP (I have no computer in my network with that IP address). When I click connect it asks if I want to connect the selected device. When Yes is selected it takes ~35s (with program not responding) and I'm back to staring point, a device is found and it possible to try to connect.

Any Ideas what could be wrong?

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #8 am: April 03, 2012, 10:11:03 Nachmittag »
We updated the drivers it should work now, please update Server and Client the wrong IP Address was caused due an incompatible Server version.
« Letzte Änderung: April 04, 2012, 07:27:48 Vormittag von Sundtek »

Taiger

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #9 am: April 06, 2012, 09:32:50 Nachmittag »
We updated the drivers it should work now, please update Server and Client the wrong IP Address was caused due an incompatible Server version.

Okay, it looks better now but still can't get it all the way.
Under Network scan if finds my device, IP is also correct, it says capabilities DVB-T, DVB-C. Connected is also yes. When I look under local devices (that tab was not present in previous version) I see the device and host (correct IP). But the Devicemode is set to DVB-T, I have it configured for DVB-C on the server. It is also found as a DVB-T device by Windows Media center. If I try to change the devicemode in Sundtek Streamline TV scanner program I get some error about unhanded exception ... Access denied. That is probably true that the Windows machine don't have access to change mode of device on the Linux server.

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #10 am: April 07, 2012, 08:54:33 Vormittag »
Before changing the mode you need to close all TV applications as they protect the device entries in the system.

DVB-C is currently not supported with Windows Mediacenter since they do not send the symbolrate in order to properly tune to a channel.
We already know how to work around this although it will take some time to finish this.

So just try again to switch to DVB-T

Also be sure that your Linux and Windows driver are up to date.

The windows driver works so far - and once a device is properly registered it's also reliable, although it is also work in progress

At this time DVB-C works with DVBViewer
« Letzte Änderung: April 07, 2012, 09:24:48 Vormittag von Sundtek »

Taiger

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #11 am: April 10, 2012, 07:46:35 Nachmittag »
Before changing the mode you need to close all TV applications as they protect the device entries in the system.

DVB-C is currently not supported with Windows Mediacenter since they do not send the symbolrate in order to properly tune to a channel.
We already know how to work around this although it will take some time to finish this.

So just try again to switch to DVB-T

Also be sure that your Linux and Windows driver are up to date.

The windows driver works so far - and once a device is properly registered it's also reliable, although it is also work in progress

At this time DVB-C works with DVBViewer

Fantastic, now it is working as it should (With DVBViewer). Good work with the drivers, I will report back if/when I find something strange ...