Autor Thema: Some issues / problems with sundtek media stick and Vu+duo  (Gelesen 15327 mal)

tvblock

• Profil anzeigen
Some issues / problems with sundtek media stick and Vu+duo
« am: Februar 01, 2011, 11:26:54 Nachmittag »
I'm using OpenPli 2.0 now and the stick apears to work just fine.
I can watch some channels. However I still have some issues.

1. The stick will not allow me to receive channels higher then frequency 830. I get no signal there. And from 800 to 826 the signal levels are much weaker.
- is that a driver issue? or is there something wrong with the stick?

Om my DM800 Cable also with OpenPli 2.0 all frequency's work just fine so its not a signal issue on my end.

2. Zapping is much slower compared to the satelite tuners.

3. I can only do an manual search. No full scans using bands or frequency steps

4. I must enter a provider id on the tuner configuration page in order for the tuner to scan the network from a manual scan. Our cable has multiple operator so I have multiple id's.

On my DM800 Cable also with OpenPli 2.0 I do not have to set the provider id and can do a network scan for individual providers. But then again I can also do automated scans using bands or frequency steps

I always use the latest drivers from http://www.sundtek.de/media/ and latest OpenPli 2.0 updates!

Can you tell if these issues might be resolved?

If you need more information or need help testing feel free to contact me.

--
TVBlock

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
Re:Some issues / problems with sundtek media stick and Vu+duo
« Antwort #1 am: Februar 02, 2011, 05:39:06 Vormittag »
1. The stick will not allow me to receive channels higher then frequency 830. I get no signal there. And from 800 to 826 the signal levels are much weaker.
- is that a driver issue? or is there something wrong with the stick?

which stick do you have?

Zitat
Om my DM800 Cable also with OpenPli 2.0 all frequency's work just fine so its not a signal issue on my end.

2. Zapping is much slower compared to the satelite tuners.

those are restrictions of the interface for external tuners, so far we optimized everything that's possible...

Zitat
3. I can only do an manual search. No full scans using bands or frequency steps

4. I must enter a provider id on the tuner configuration page in order for the tuner to scan the network from a manual scan. Our cable has multiple operator so I have multiple id's.

On my DM800 Cable also with OpenPli 2.0 I do not have to set the provider id and can do a network scan for individual providers. But then again I can also do automated scans using bands or frequency steps

unfortunately that's a restriction of engima2

Zitat
I always use the latest drivers from http://www.sundtek.de/media/ and latest OpenPli 2.0 updates!

Can you tell if these issues might be resolved?

If you need more information or need help testing feel free to contact me.

--
TVBlock

speeding up tuning for the DM800HD .. there's probably no way to improve that since the available performance is somewhat maxed out with external tuners
improving the channel scan .. maybe for the long run, we're currently focusing on further platforms and other software. The scan is entirely related to Enigma2 not to the driver.
Failure is a good thing! I'll fix it

tvblock

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #2 am: Februar 02, 2011, 01:53:44 Nachmittag »
which stick do you have?

How do I know which one I have? Its black with this code on it ODVBTA-0155

Zitat

those are restrictions of the interface for external tuners, so far we optimized everything that's possible...

Ok I understand

Zitat

unfortunately that's a restriction of engima2

If it was a restriction of Enigma2 then it would not work on other enigma2 boxes. I explained that it is working on my DM800 Cable. And I checked on a m8's DM8000 with internal cable tuner there it also works. No need to enter the network ID to make a network scan

Zitat

speeding up tuning for the DM800HD .. there's probably no way to improve that since the available performance is somewhat maxed out with external tuners
improving the channel scan .. maybe for the long run, we're currently focusing on further platforms and other software. The scan is entirely related to Enigma2 not to the driver.

the performance issues I could live with, would be nice if they improve but ok. I'm not happy with the los of signal above 800. Could that be a stick defect?

« Letzte Änderung: Februar 02, 2011, 03:57:36 Nachmittag von Sundtek »

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #3 am: Februar 02, 2011, 05:40:59 Nachmittag »
The stick we might change (contact us via email), since sticks from this year have 5% better sensitivity, but the scanning part is still part of Enigma2.
Those images aren't using the same version of Enigma2 and or slightly modified versions or plugins.

Unfortunately the need of entering DVB-C parameters for the manual Scan has nothing to do with the driver - uso we cannot change anything there.
We are sure that the Enigma2 DVB-C auto-scanning support will be fixed sooner or later, but it will definitely take some time.

tvblock

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #4 am: Februar 02, 2011, 07:10:31 Nachmittag »
Ok many thanks for your quick replys.

I will contact Pli team about the enigma2 issues. I figured since both receivers run the same OpenPli version that all would be the same.

I will contact you by e-mail. Strange thing is that signal levels below 800 are just below 100% on all frequenties.

The stick we might change (contact us via email), since sticks from this year have 5% better sensitivity, but the scanning part is still part of Enigma2.
Those images aren't using the same version of Enigma2 and or slightly modified versions or plugins.

Unfortunately the need of entering DVB-C parameters for the manual Scan has nothing to do with the driver - uso we cannot change anything there.
We are sure that the Enigma2 DVB-C auto-scanning support will be fixed sooner or later, but it will definitely take some time.

Bengel

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #5 am: April 05, 2011, 05:31:59 Nachmittag »
Hello,

can somone tell me how to set up the DVB-C network ID

VU+ duo / VTI v2.5 / media tv pro

thanks
Marc

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #6 am: April 05, 2011, 07:36:35 Nachmittag »
Can you be a little bit more specific?

What do you want to do?

Bengel

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #7 am: April 05, 2011, 11:19:18 Nachmittag »
Hello,
 after installation of the soft on my VU+ wit VTI 2.5 i wat to do a manual scan of my cable network.
The settings are Freq: 362 / Symbol rate: 6875 / Qcam modus: 256 / network: 2
these are the settings of INDI Belgium (Telenet)
The settings i tried are Freq: 362 / Symbol rate: 6875 / Qcam modus: 256 / AUTO / Network Yes but i didnt find the possibility for network: 2
The second cable supplyer settings TELENET are
Freq: 322 / Symbol rate: 6875 / Qcam modus: 256 /network: 022 / Regioncode 350
What did i do wrong?
Many thanks for the advise
Best regards
Marc

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #8 am: April 05, 2011, 11:52:05 Nachmittag »
please contact us via skype-chat "sundtek"

we need more information about what's going on on your side, going through all possibilities in the forum could take *very* long.