Autor Thema: SkyTV Ultimate III Permissions on Linux  (Gelesen 1782 mal)

MikeT23

• Profil anzeigen
SkyTV Ultimate III Permissions on Linux
« am: Oktober 20, 2020, 11:10:54 Nachmittag »
Hi,

I bought a SkyTV Ultimate III about 8 years ago but after I updated my OS a couple of years ago I was unable to use the device. Only now have I found the time to return to this problem.

My OS is openSUSE Leap 15.2 and I would like to use the device with MythTV. When I try to tune to the channels I get the failure "Error parsing parameters".

After digging around I find (ls /dev/dvb/adapter0 -la) that the permissions are owner: root, group:root. I was expecting it to be owner:root, group:video because in file 50-udev-default.rules I have the line SUBSYSTEM=="dvb", GROUP="video". If I log in as root, I can use the device.

Can anyone please advise me how to get it working again.

Thanks,
Mike

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
Re: SkyTV Ultimate III Permissions on Linux
« Antwort #1 am: Oktober 21, 2020, 03:57:27 Vormittag »
I think that you have some setup problem with MythTV.

Did you consider using tvheadend with DVB-S/S2? I think that one is more recent and better.

The permissions are set so everyone has access to the DVB Tuner (which on a multimedia system is more or less the practical option).
« Letzte Änderung: Oktober 21, 2020, 04:40:36 Vormittag von Sundtek »
Failure is a good thing! I'll fix it

MikeT23

• Profil anzeigen
Re: SkyTV Ultimate III Permissions on Linux
« Antwort #2 am: Oktober 21, 2020, 11:34:39 Nachmittag »
Thanks for the very quick reply. You're right, as usual. I used w_scan to tune and then mplayer and it worked so I'll have to try troubleshooting in MythTV.