English > Drivers

Synology package corrupts tvheadend dierkse 4.4.20180117-1

(1/3) > >>

SevenW:
Hi,

After spending several evenings figuring out all kind of privelige issues in tvheadend, I finally discovered that the sundtek start-stop-status script actually creates a new user account and changes the ownership of the tvheadend installation to that new user.

This may have been needed a few years back. Currently, it looks like Dierkse has the user accounts gotten right, and now the "hack" in the Sundtek driver is not required. Stronger, it seems to break tvheadend now.

Can you update the synology package either without having this "hack", or making it conditional on a tvheadend version, or make it configurable in the package install UI?

Thanks,
SevenW

jagertee:
I experienced the same pita :)

in particular I used the latest tvheadend 4.2.5 syno packages from https://www.tvheadend.org/boards/5/topics/27780 on DSM6, and the sundtek tuner did not show up.

I switched back to the - quite outdated - synocommunity tvheadend package the sundtek tuner showed up.

Sundtek:
We will have a look at that tomorrow.

jagertee:
I was able to fix the issue as follows after installing the sundtek drivers and tvheaden 4.2.5 (https://www.tvheadend.org/boards/5/topics/27780):

nano /var/packages/tvheadend/scripts/service-setup

In the service_prestart function, I prepended the start command for DSM6+ as follows:

--- Code: ---    ...
    if [ $SYNOPKG_DSM_VERSION_MAJOR -lt 6 ]; then
        su ${EFF_USER} -s /bin/sh -c "${COMMAND}" >> ${LOG_FILE} 2>&1 &
    else
        LD_PRELOAD=${SYNOPKG_PKGDEST}/lib/libmediaclient.so ${COMMAND} >> ${LOG_FILE} 2>&1 &
    fi

--- Ende Code ---

Prior to that I copied libmediaclient.so from /volume1/\@appstore/sundtek/opt/lib/ to /volume1/\@appstore/tvheadend/lib/
and changed permissions:
chown sc-tvheadend:tvheadend libmediaclient.so

Sundtek:
We have a better solution upcoming which does not need those modifications (however it will take around a week to finish it).

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln