Autor Thema: Black screen when attempting to use Composite input  (Gelesen 5243 mal)

CMoH

• Profil anzeigen
Black screen when attempting to use Composite input
« am: März 16, 2016, 05:58:05 Nachmittag »
Hey. I'm trying to move the family video collection from old analogue cameras to digital media. This camera has a Composite audio+video that works fine with a TV box.

With Media TV Pro I have successfully installed the drivers and everything, so I can see TV input on the computer. However, when connecting the camera and switching to Composite input I get a black screen and no audio. My personal opinion is that the MediaTV Pro Composite cable I have (see picture) is not appropriate.

Can anybody confirm if the cable in the picture is appropriate for capturing media via the Composite input? If not, what can I do?

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
Re:Black screen when attempting to use Composite input
« Antwort #1 am: März 16, 2016, 06:20:55 Nachmittag »
This cable is not okay - it's not the one which we ship with our units, there is no standard for the S-Video/Composite Pinout - we have defined our own one.
You will need a cable from us in order to get that work.

Contact our sales - sales at sundtek de
Failure is a good thing! I'll fix it

CMoH

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #2 am: März 17, 2016, 03:09:30 Nachmittag »
Thank you for your reply. I'll write an email to the address you gave me.

As a side question, would you happen to know what the cable in the picture can be used for? Also, since it came in the box with the MediaTV Pro, I am wondering why you're saying it is not shipped with your units.

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #3 am: März 17, 2016, 05:40:32 Nachmittag »
Hi,

this is not our cable. Our cables are shorter. We have never shipped such long cables.

I don't know what the cable in your picture can be used with.

Those devices are around 6-7 years old and not manufactured anymore, though they are still supported by our drivers.

CMoH

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #4 am: März 17, 2016, 06:41:57 Nachmittag »
It seems there was a mix-up with the cable of a camera, whose plug coincidentally matched MediaTV Pro.

Well, I'll close this, since the confusing matter was resolved. Thank you for your help!

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #5 am: März 17, 2016, 06:46:12 Nachmittag »
As mentioned we have the correct cables in stock, just send an email to our sales.