Autor Thema: no more audio (aargh)  (Gelesen 7776 mal)

fuzz

• Profil anzeigen
no more audio (aargh)
« am: November 15, 2009, 02:18:12 Nachmittag »
I recetly tried the 091109 driver + MythTV (analog). I usually use mplayer but I figured I should give Myth a new chance after the new driver. It did not work however (mythbackend says something about not beeing able to set brightness, and something about too small buffer for /dev/video0). That's not the real problem though.

The real problem is that after this my audio is gone. I've made sure internal audio processing is used with mediaclient -m ATV -c internal, but still nothing. Unmuting the radio doesn't work either.

Any ideas?

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
Re:no more audio (aargh)
« Antwort #1 am: November 15, 2009, 03:13:22 Nachmittag »
What distribution do you use?

No audio is very likely due a broken pulseaudio configuration. We are aware that Ubuntu 9.10 has problems with pulseaudio. Since the driver runs as root, pulseaudio denies access to the audiodevice by default for root. Alsa and OSS should still work fine (as long as pulseaudio is not installed).
We are looking forward to a better pulseaudio configuration next week, it's a pitty that the pulseaudio developers do not care about a good working audio setup for ubuntu and use to break the Alsa compatibility regulary right now.
Failure is a good thing! I'll fix it