Autor Thema: Opensuse 12.3 install problem  (Gelesen 6459 mal)

Capodastro

• Profil anzeigen
Opensuse 12.3 install problem
« am: Juni 16, 2013, 05:12:01 Nachmittag »
Hi, I used the card under suse 12.2 with no problems, even without the recommended kaffeine version.
Right now I am upgrading to the new distribution, 12.3. The card works still very well, even better, but as soon I install the drivers the system boots terribly slowly. I am quite sure about the origin of this anomaly having tested on a saved copy with and without card drivers, even on different install stages.

Perhaps a turnaround would be starting the drivers after login, however I didn't find out how to prevent the start, despite looking desesperately in the "/etc" folder. :-\
Could you be of any help?
thanks!

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
Re:Opensuse 12.3 install problem
« Antwort #1 am: Juni 16, 2013, 09:36:50 Nachmittag »
Can you install following driver:
http://www.sundtek.de/media/sundtek_installer_130315.225747.sh

does this one work better with it?
Failure is a good thing! I'll fix it

Capodastro

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #2 am: Juni 17, 2013, 11:46:44 Vormittag »
Hi,
thanks for the driver. unfortunately it didn't improve anything. however, on the second boot after install the system started with normal speed. unfortunately I didn't be able to replicate such behaviour.
if of interest, I made a couple of vanilla boot logs, one with just the card connected and one even without card. the system stucks still on boot time.
during booting the driver is loaded and reloaded many times, and that on stages where the card is of no practical relevance. I will see if I can change this aspect, then I will proceed with the system install excluding at the moment the card driver.
let me know if I can be of any help and if you could use the logs.
Sie durfen ruhig schreiben in deutsch, es ist nur dass ich in englisch schneller tippe  ;D

Capodastro

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #3 am: Juni 21, 2013, 11:29:12 Vormittag »
Hi, thanks for that installer: since a few days that is my preferred lecture. I found finally the decisive snippet to learn about bash and linux. It opened also my mind for understanding the problematic by coding on industrial level. Concerning robustness and reliability by coding in linux, in my unprofessional opinion the ironic comments in the installer are sadly right. personally I write just for myself and my friends, let call that "kitchen programming", but as old scientist and musician I love the exactitude.thanks again.
As temporary solution I wrote very fast a couple of applets whose function is to automatically install / uninstall the driver on startup / shutdown. they store the root pwd in encripted form, so linux will be happy. now I know how to identify a distribution and that the init code doesn't need to be engraved in a file. progressing in learning I'll be able to add "suse 12.3" code as final examen.  ;D
Bye