Autor Thema: tvheadend, Readynas and Sundtek network mount  (Gelesen 5883 mal)

Dick

• Profil anzeigen
tvheadend, Readynas and Sundtek network mount
« am: Januar 14, 2013, 10:13:08 Nachmittag »
First of all, I think this is not a Sundtek issue, but a Netgear Readynas issue. Nevertheless, if someone already solved it, I't like to hear ;-)

When I attach my MediaTV Pro stick to the Readynas Ultra (x86) directly, there's no problem. After providing the first mux in Tvheadend, the others get scanned and I can record programs.

When I attach the stick to a WNDR3700 router running OpenWRT, there is no problem remotely mounting and using it on an Ubuntu machine: after providing the first mux in Tvheadend, the other muxes are found and scanned, services are found and I can record programs, just as if it were directly connected.

When I remotely mount the stick on the Readynas (after unmounting it on Ubuntu) however, Tvheadend on the Readynas does not find the other muxes. When I provide them manually, they get scanned (I see the status "Currently tuned to:" shifting between the frequencies) but no services are found.
When I copy the muxes from the previous adapter (being the same stick, but directly connected to the Readynas), I can not record any program (service not found).

Has anyone any idea what could be the problem? It's not the Tvheadend binary, they are the same on both Ubuntu and the Readynas. It's just that the Ubuntu machine seems to get control over the remotely mounted stick anbd the Readynas does not...  ???

root ~ # mediaclient --scan-network
Scanning network for IPTV media servers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 IP address       | ID  |  devicename          | Users | Capabilities | Serial
 192.168.0.1      | 0   | Sundtek MediaTV Pro (USB 2.0)  |  0   | DVB-T, DVB-C | HDVBTB
-  1 IPTV server found -------------------------------------------------------

root ~ # mediaclient --mount=192.168.0.1
Successfully mounted: 192.168.0.1

root ~ # mediaclient --scan-network
Scanning network for IPTV media servers
 IP address       | ID  |  devicename          | Users | Capabilities | Serial
 192.168.0.32     | 0   | Sundtek MediaTV Pro (USB 2.0) (192.168.0.1)  |  0   | DVB-T, DVB-C, MOUNTED | HDVBTB
 192.168.0.1      | 0   | Sundtek MediaTV Pro (USB 2.0)  |  1   | DVB-T, DVB-C | HDVBTB
-  2 IPTV server found -------------------------------------------------------

root ~ # mediaclient -e
**** List of Media Hardware Devices ****
device 0: [Sundtek MediaTV Pro (USB 2.0) (192.168.0.1)]  DVB-C, DVB-T, NETWORK-DEVICE
  [NETWORKPATH]:
     PATH: 192.168.0.1
  [SERIAL]:
     ID: HDVBTB
  [DVB-C]:
     FRONTEND: /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
     DVR: /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0
     DMX: /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0
  [DVB-T]:
     FRONTEND: /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
     DVR: /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0
     DMX: /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0

root ~ #

/edit: I did set the transfermode to bulk and enabled PID filtering (both on the router side).
« Letzte Änderung: Januar 14, 2013, 10:29:57 Nachmittag von Dick »

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
Re:tvheadend, Readynas and Sundtek network mount
« Antwort #1 am: Januar 15, 2013, 12:57:55 Vormittag »
have a look at /var/log/mediasrv.log

and what does /opt/bin/mediaclient --lc show up when you suspect that tvheadend is accessing it?

Also be sure you have the latest drivers installed because there have been some changes on the Network stack
« Letzte Änderung: Januar 15, 2013, 07:09:24 Vormittag von Sundtek »
Failure is a good thing! I'll fix it

Dick

• Profil anzeigen
Re:tvheadend, Readynas and Sundtek network mount
« Antwort #2 am: Juni 13, 2013, 11:31:53 Vormittag »
I'm sorry for the late response, some misfortune in my family directed my attention elsewhere.

Yesterday I installed the latest driver on the WNDR3700 router and all works fine now! I guess the previous driver on the router was from about 18 months ago, it probably was with the former network stack.

Thanks for the pointer, I'm glad it's solved now.
 :-*