Autor Thema: Picture breaking problem (256QAM)  (Gelesen 7126 mal)

OldSkul

• Profil anzeigen
Picture breaking problem (256QAM)
« am: September 17, 2012, 03:36:22 Nachmittag »
I have your DVB-T/C digital only stick (black) and beside the problem that on vu+ duo yours stick dont work with other USB stick, i have also another annoying problem.

When i am using DVB-C on my new Samsung plasma, it works without any issues, 100% signal strenght, stable signal and no picture breakup.

But with your stick i am having picture problems. Usually picture is breaking (BER increases and signal decreases when this happens), sometimes picture just dissapears or goes into loop (i need to restart the receiver).

Is this related to 256QAM that my cable operator is using?

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
Re:Picture breaking problem (256QAM)
« Antwort #1 am: September 17, 2012, 04:01:45 Nachmittag »
"the problem that on vu+ duo yours stick dont work with other USB stick"

Whatever image you are using (probably OpenPLI?) the bug is in OpenPLi not on our side, the driver has all kind of workarounds included already. They probably mix up that one port is already allocated for the other tuner. However this should be fairly easy for the OpenPLi developers to check and work around.

Regarding the QAM256 issue:
which stick do you have? There have been a few models in August 2011 which have been set to high sensitivity which might be overdriven by some cable providers, it might be checked by the serialnumberdate.
In case this is your issue you can ship the dongle to Berlin to change the signal window to fit medium/stronger signals.
Failure is a good thing! I'll fix it

OldSkul

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #2 am: September 17, 2012, 04:12:37 Nachmittag »
Yep, as you know from other thread i am using OpenPLi.

How to check for serial number? Stick was bought 2011-11-24!

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #3 am: September 17, 2012, 04:36:49 Nachmittag »
You might bug the Openpli maintainers a little bit more that they should take care about preallocated tuners when starting up Enigma. It is clearly a problem their implementation caused (our problem is that we don't have any time in digging into it).

/opt/bin/mediaclient -e shows up the datecode/serial.

OldSkul

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #4 am: September 18, 2012, 02:39:25 Nachmittag »
Here it is:

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #5 am: September 18, 2012, 04:16:34 Nachmittag »
Seems like that's a device from 2011/August which is set to high sensitivity, if you want us to modify it for stronger signal just ship it back to Berlin, our Engineer will take care about it. In that case please also add a note about your order number and address.

Alternatively if you want to modify it yourself you can just send us an email to kontakt at sundtek de.

OldSkul

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #6 am: Dezember 29, 2012, 04:07:37 Nachmittag »
After receiving repaired stick, situation improved alot. No more problems with picture but interestingly, one frequency is still problematic. I get picture maybe after 10 seconds or even more. Signal strenght is 99% and these problematic channels work OK on my plasma. Are you familiar with this kind of behaviour?

Regards

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #7 am: Dezember 29, 2012, 04:13:45 Nachmittag »
Please check the signal statistics, BER and Strength should have good values quickly after changing the transponder (quickly means 1 second).

/opt/bin/mediaclient --readsignal=0 -d /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0
« Letzte Änderung: Dezember 29, 2012, 05:30:05 Nachmittag von Sundtek »