Autor Thema: Armel Support  (Gelesen 9913 mal)

niwi

• Profil anzeigen
Armel Support
« am: September 13, 2009, 03:58:02 Nachmittag »
Hello,

I am considering to buy a a Sundtek MediaTV Pro stick in order to use my Buffalo Linkstation Pro as a recorder for dvb-c shows.

However, first I have to check some information:

I would be thankful for any help.

niwi

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
Re:Armel Support
« Antwort #1 am: September 13, 2009, 04:20:17 Nachmittag »
We do support ARM OABI/EABI0 and EABI4 Systems, however since it's USB based it heavily depends on the target ARM Systems.

In order to verify support for it you have to check if the board supports USB transfers at 5-10 mbyte per seconds from a USB Storage device, the more the better it is.

We do have a driver build for the ARM davinci (dm6446), but the real USB 2.0 bandwidth is limited to 4.5 mbyte/seconds only.

In case the bandwidth is enough our technical support also gives ARM support (eg. customized driver if needed).

In case of the USB 2.0 hub it also depends on the hardware, we do have mixed experience with several USB 2.0 hubs as not all of them have full real USB 2.0 support.
Failure is a good thing! I'll fix it

niwi

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #2 am: September 13, 2009, 08:38:54 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: Sundtek
[...]In order to verify support for it you have to check if the board supports USB transfers at 5-10 mbyte per seconds from a USB Storage device, the more the better it is.

According to http://buffalo.nas-central.org/wiki/Information/LSPROOverview the Linkstation Pro supports the following usb transfer rate:
"Max: 480 Mbps (HS Mode), Max: 12 Mbps (FS Mode) "

It should also work since some German users of the Linkstation Pro published success stories with USB-cards for DVB-T and DVB-S (http://tinyurl.com/oz4l5f). However, I couldn't find any success story for the MediaTV Pro stick yet.

In case the bandwidth is enough our technical support also gives ARM support (eg. customized driver if needed).

Since you don't offer the source code: When and how would I get the needed driver after buying the MediaTV Pro?

In case of the USB 2.0 hub it also depends on the hardware, we do have mixed experience with several USB 2.0 hubs as not all of them have full real USB 2.0 support.

It is good to hear that compatible usb-hubs exist. Could you recommend me a compatible hub? Or is there a list with working hubs avaiailable?

Best regards,
niwi

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #3 am: September 13, 2009, 09:21:35 Nachmittag »
Zitat
According to http://buffalo.nas-central.org/wiki/Information/LSPROOverview the Linkstation Pro supports the following usb transfer rate:
"Max: 480 Mbps (HS Mode), Max: 12 Mbps (FS Mode) "

It should also work since some German users of the Linkstation Pro published success stories with USB-cards for DVB-T and DVB-S (http://tinyurl.com/oz4l5f). However, I couldn't find any success story for the MediaTV Pro stick yet.

If DVB-S works with it DVB-C will definitely work. There are many different ARM boards out there which have different USB 2.0 specifications.

Zitat
Since you don't offer the source code: When and how would I get the needed driver after buying the MediaTV Pro?

We have ARM builds, the biggest difference with our driver is that it is based in userspace.
There are 2 drivers available:
1. Full userspace driver (the one which is downloadable)
2. Hybrid userspace driver (which uses an opensource kernel part for the datatransfer)

In any case the userspace driver contains the device configuration and is portable across different kernel versions, this is the requirement we got from several participating chip companies in order to fully support the entire device. In order to get ARM support for your particular system our support can help you by using a remote connection.

Zitat
It is good to hear that compatible usb-hubs exist. Could you recommend me a compatible hub? Or is there a list with working hubs avaiailable?

This topic is a little bit difficult as we do not have your particular ARM device, you might go to a store and test it directly with a USB storage device, it should have the same effect.

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #4 am: September 18, 2009, 10:56:36 Nachmittag »
http://sundtek.de/support/empia_installer.sh (which at this time points to 090918) supports

Linux:
* x86 - 32bit
* x86 - 64bit (AMD64)
* Playstation 3 (first revision) - PowerPC
* ARM (EABI4)

ARM was tested with:
* TI Davinci DM6446 (DVB-C, DVB-T with Sundtek MediaTV Pro, ATSC with Sundtek MediaTV HD ATSC)
* Freescale MX35 (DVB-C, DVB-T, FM Radio, AnalogTV with low bandwidth)

The drivers are also kernel independent on ARM.
« Letzte Änderung: September 18, 2009, 10:58:16 Nachmittag von Sundtek »