English > Sundtek MediaTV Pro (Europe)

Devices not created in /dev

(1/5) > >>

nic:
Hi,

I performed the installation of the drivers in linux and I got no error messages. When I run /opt/bin/mediaclient -e it gave the same result as it should according to the installation instruction.

However no dvb directory containing the devices was created in /dev. I suspected it had something to do with the udev deamons so I stopped udev deamons (i.e. udev and udev-finish) and ran the installation again then the divices wascreated. But when restarting the udev deamons again the dvb devices dissapered from /dev.

I am running linuxmce (kubuntu 8.10 32 bit and myth-tv) kernel version 2.6.27. I know that myth-tv is not yet a supported application, but I was trying to install the drivers and test with a supported player.

Any help/ideas in this matter is much appreciated.

BR //nic

Sundtek:
We are adding more compatibility to the driver by time. The nodes of the devices are virtual nodes, they currently don't show up but can be opened by several applications.
We expect to be finished with a driverupdate to show up the devicenodes within the first week of August.
The next update will add support for kaffeine in order to be able to use DVB-T, DVB-C more comfortable.
MythTV is also on our list.

nic:
Thanks for the information.
When do you expect to have support available for MythTV ?

Sundtek:
We will start to work on MythTV from 6th/7th August on, it should work within a week then.
It might work earlier already, but we'll officially support it when it is tested.

Sundtek:
Please note that Linux 2.6.27 is a faulty kernel, you either have to consider patching your kernel or downgrade to Linux 2.6.26 or upgrade to Linux 2.6.29. With 2.6.27, 2.6.28 your computer will run out of memory after a while when using USB devices!

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln