English > Sundtek MediaTV Pro (Europe)

Linux installation: unexpected output from mediaclient -e

(1/3) > >>

MarkJaroski:
Hi all,

I received my new Sundtek media pro this morning, but the installation process hasn't gone as expected.  Instead of the long list of device capabilities I get this:

--- Code: ---mark@mingus:/opt/bin
$ ./mediaclient -e
**** List of Media Hardware Devices ****
device 0: [ Sundtek MediaTV Pro] REMOTE-CONTROL
  [REMOTECONTROL]:
     INPUT0: /dev/mediainput0

mark@mingus:/opt/bin
$ uname -a
Linux mingus 2.6.28-15-generic #52-Ubuntu SMP Wed Sep 9 10:49:34 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

--- Ende Code ---

It's almost as if the device is switched off or something.  I tried installing the battery in the remote control and pressing the power button a few times, but that didn't have any effect.

thanks!

-mark

Sundtek:
Some systems seem to start the driver twice, we're evaluating why this is happening. Someone already reported the same problem with Sidux (which is similar to Ubuntu and also based on Debian)

What you can do till the next update arrives (which should be in a couple of days):

--- Code: ----- unplug the device --
sudo killall mediasrv
-- plug in the device (wait 5-10 seconds till the device is settled) --
/opt/bin/mediaclient -e

--- Ende Code ---

MarkJaroski:
Unfortunately this doesn't seem to help.  There's only one mediasrv process running now, but mediaclient -e still produces the same result. mediaclient --Verbose produces a segfault, so that's not helping.

Also is there a way to simulate unplugging the device remotely?  My media machine is at home and I'm at work right now.

Sundtek:
We are currently testing a new version of it and expect to release a new version this afternoon. The issue is mainly a udev problem.

MarkJaroski:
OK.  Thanks very much!

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln