English > Sundtek MediaTV Pro (Europe)

Networksupport, Howto use Sundtek MediaTV in a homenetwork

<< < (3/4) > >>

cody_rocco:
given the presence of multiple networks, how can i specify to StreamlineScanner which network to use? just asking, because i'm using the device in a virtualised environment - i'm able to find the remote device only if i'm disabling all other networks.

Sundtek:
what does your ipconfig /all show up when all networks are enabled?

cody_rocco:
as you can see in this ipconfig output, there are 4 networks - one wired, one wireless, two belonging to vmware.
as the main network is 192.168.123. (internet connection, using a dlink dir-825 router - where i tested, as a matter of fact, the media tvpro first, working excellent), there are 192.168.252. and 192.168.221.; the last one is used for an ubuntu virtual machine (NAT).
unless i disconnect all networks but 221, streamline scanner will not find any networked device. after finding and connecting, though, i can reconnect other networks without problems.

Sundtek:
For the next step you will have to wait a few more days Sundtek is officially off until 3rd January.
I think it shouldn't be a problem to check all networks for devices (Linux obviously does, Windows only takes the first broadcast in the list)

cody_rocco:
first i was thinking the same - and let streamline scanner few more minutes, to scan all networks, without results.
maybe passing the ip range / ip address directly to the software will help. also, it will be useful to know which the mediaserver port is, if it's fixed or dynamic - to set the firewall, when needed.
may you have a happy new year :)

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

[*] Vorherige Sete

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln