Autor Thema: Empia installation will lead to couchdb problem in Karmic  (Gelesen 10722 mal)

JiiP

• Profil anzeigen
Empia installation will lead to couchdb problem in Karmic
« am: September 12, 2009, 02:54:10 Nachmittag »
Hi,

I have been trying to install mediaTV pro to Samsung NC10 mini-PC. Because new version of Ubuntu is coming quite soon I decided to use prerelease version of Karmic Koala (alpha 5).
OS is working fine, but every time when I try to install mediaTV pro drivers it will cause system malfunction. The newest driver (040909) itself will install fine and I am able to find usb stick and Totem will also find dvb adapter. The symptoms are: Firefox won't start, also problems with Nautilus. When I try to restart the machine it will hang when it is trying to 'stopping couchdb server'. Same thing when machine is starting - it will stop to phase where couchdb is starting. This will happen even without stick connected. Problems are fixed by uninstalling empia drivers.

In this stage I don't know which is the cause of the problems? Is it empia drivers (bug?), alpha version of Karmic (bug?) or something Samsung NC10 specific. However, same problem was also in 9.10 alpha 4 -version.  I think mostly affected are couchdb and xulrunner?

Any instructions?
Thanks

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
Re:Empia installation will lead to couchdb problem in Karmic
« Antwort #1 am: September 12, 2009, 03:17:06 Nachmittag »
We discovered a couple of bugs in earlier Karmic versions already, we'll check your version asap and post an update.
Failure is a good thing! I'll fix it

JiiP

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #2 am: September 12, 2009, 03:21:30 Nachmittag »
Thank you
Forget to mention that I'm using netbook remix (if that wasn't obvious :))

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #3 am: September 12, 2009, 09:10:37 Nachmittag »
the firefox issue obviously is a libxul bug and also affects other tools.

There's a driver prerelease available which works around that firefox/libxul bug:

http://www.sundtek.de/support/empia_installer_090912_ff.sh

Those changes will be officially available in the next official driver update.

Aside of that Ubuntu Karmic does not install on our Nvidia ION Platform yet, so it seems like there's still some outstanding work to do for Ubuntu. We keep testing it on other PCs as well of course.
« Letzte Änderung: September 12, 2009, 10:28:32 Nachmittag von Sundtek »

JiiP

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #4 am: September 17, 2009, 07:20:03 Nachmittag »
Hi again,

Thanks for updates. Problems were partly fixed: Firefox and booting works now, couchdb is trouble-free.

Still after restarting, nautilus won't work. More importantly I can't tune to any channel. I have tryed Kaffeine, Me-tv, Totem, M-player and all newest driver versions (latest empia170909). I got a feeling that somehow players can't open virtual device adapter0. However they find the device, but can't tune to channel. Me-tv responds "failed to tune device: Resource temporarily unavailable"

I can't figure out what might be the problem? Stick is working just fine in win XP. I'm runnig now 9.10 alpha6.

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #5 am: September 17, 2009, 07:27:51 Nachmittag »
We will check the next Ubuntu Karmic beta release asap.