Autor Thema: License type/Where to download  (Gelesen 18553 mal)

erdah

• Profil anzeigen
License type/Where to download
« am: August 10, 2009, 09:49:20 Vormittag »
Hi,

I cannot find where I can download the driver? Under which license type is the driver released?

Kind regards, Erik

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
Re:License type/Where to download
« Antwort #1 am: August 10, 2009, 11:01:48 Vormittag »
Hi,

I cannot find where I can download the driver? Under which license type is the driver released?

Kind regards, Erik

The software is only available to Sundtek customers, we do have our own license for the userspace driver application.
Failure is a good thing! I'll fix it

erdah

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #2 am: August 10, 2009, 11:33:39 Vormittag »
What does the license say? Is it very restricted or can the source code be used and improved by the open source community? I'm highly interested in your product but only if Sundtek embrace open source software...

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #3 am: August 10, 2009, 11:52:16 Vormittag »
What does the license say? Is it very restricted or can the source code be used and improved by the open source community? I'm highly interested in your product but only if Sundtek embrace open source software...

Due restrictions of our partner companies we are not allowed to release any sourcecode, although that for the userspace USB (usbfs) interface has been invented by linux kernel developers to move restricted drivers out from the kernel. It's a stable interface which will not change because of that we also offer linux support from 2.6.15 on.

The highly integrated S-Video/Composite/AnalogTV/DVB-T/DVB-C/FM-Radio device is directly supported by involved companies which only granted full support for a closed driver.
« Letzte Änderung: August 12, 2009, 12:11:34 Vormittag von Sundtek »
Failure is a good thing! I'll fix it