Autor Thema: Problems with mplayer/me-tv and with dual cards  (Gelesen 7901 mal)

gergomez

• Profil anzeigen
Problems with mplayer/me-tv and with dual cards
« am: Dezember 14, 2009, 03:13:16 Vormittag »
Hello,

I have found to problems, first mplayer and me-tv are unable to lock the signal, kaffeine, tzap, xine and vlc are working fine. I'm using Ubuntu 9.10

mplayer: 2:1.0~rc3+svn20090426-1ubuntu10
me-tv:   1.0.0-1ubuntu1

second problem appears when using more than one card. I have another Avermedia E506R that is working quite well under Linux. When I insert it before I plug the Sundtek Gold it gets detected as dvb/adapter0 and then when plugin the sundtek it correctly appears as dvb/adapter1, but when I plug the Sundtek first and then the E506R everything gets broken. I only get one dvb/adapter0 that seems to be a mix of both cards. I suppose that /opt/bin/mediasrv isn't notifying the kernel or whatever that the dvb/adapter0 is already assigned and the kernel reassign it to the E506R. This is a low priority bug (at least for me), but I report it.

Anyway I prefer you start ironing the problems in Windows drivers. Right now I'm not able to get any channel under Windows Media Center.

Regards,

- german

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
Re:Problems with mplayer/me-tv and with dual cards
« Antwort #1 am: Dezember 14, 2009, 09:02:46 Vormittag »
It is always necessary to load the userspace USB driver last, after all legacy kerneldrivers have been loaded. If you have other hotpluggable USB devices be sure you plug them in first.

By setting up some udev rules it would be possible to resolve that issue, but it's rather complicated and with some older udev versions the rules have to be different.

mplayer will be checked this week, the next driverupdate is expected to be very soon.
Failure is a good thing! I'll fix it