Autor Thema: OpenELEC driver support for Cubox-i?  (Gelesen 7978 mal)

Melange

• Profil anzeigen
OpenELEC driver support for Cubox-i?
« am: Juli 13, 2014, 04:54:59 Nachmittag »
Hi,

I really like my Sundtek, now I am trying to get my MediaTV Digital Home USB stick running on my Cubox-i i4Pro. I've had the Sundtek successfully running on my PC and on my Synology NAS before.

From this post I understand that the Sundtek driver should generally support the Cubox-i hardware plattform, correct?

My problem is that I'm running the latest OpenELEC distro (imx6 with XBMC-14, codename "Helix", OpenELEC_Helix-Cuboxi.arm-devel-20140711235128-r18724-g357c9d3.img.gz)) on my Cubox, but the current OpenELEC add-on driver.dvb.sundtek-mediatv-3.0.3.zip which I downloaded from http://www.sundtek.de/media doesn't work there, XBMC aborts the ZIP's installation as an add-on with error message: "Dependencies not met. Please contact Add-on author.".

Could you please add support for this Helix distro in your OpenELEC package? The Helix distro has already quite a lot of Add-ons, for example TvHeadend and VDR servers, all the PVR clients, etc. I think the sundtek driver would fit in great here.

Anyways thanks for the great product!
Christian

Melange

• Profil anzeigen
Re:OpenELEC driver support for Cubox-i?
« Antwort #1 am: Juli 14, 2014, 11:44:13 Vormittag »
I got the Sundtek to work on the Cubox-i with OpenELEC!

I used the net-installer which made only a temporary install in /tmp/opt since /opt doesn't exist in OpenELEC. It needed a bit of fiddeling, mostly prepending mediasrv, w_scan and tvheadend with "LD_PRELOAD=/tmp/opt/lib/libmediaclient.so".

So I had OpenELEC, sundtek driver, tvheadend server and tvheadend htsp client all running on my Cubox, through the tvheadend web interface I was able to select my Sundtek, scan for muxers and channels and finally I had the tv stream working. Switching channels was never faster!

So, technically it works, all it needs is a proper OpenELEC installer.

Regards,
Christian

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #2 am: Juli 14, 2014, 06:11:30 Nachmittag »
It's already on the list here. Using the netinstaller on OpenElec is not the right way actually but if it works for you for now it might be a temporary solution at least.

I think you can install it into the $HOME directory.

There is an installer option available for custom paths:

./sundtek_netinst.sh -use-custom-path /root

the default one is /opt
« Letzte Änderung: Juli 14, 2014, 06:38:59 Nachmittag von Sundtek »
Failure is a good thing! I'll fix it

Melange

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #3 am: Juli 15, 2014, 09:33:23 Vormittag »
Last night I was able to patch the Sundtek Add-on installer for OpenELEC "Helix" on my Cubox-i, a bit of an ugly hack but mediasrv is now autostarted on boot, working 100% with tvheadend server and tvheadend htsp client all on the same Cubox. The installation procedure below is not pretty, but it's only needed once.

Starting from the Sundtek OpenELEC Add-on 3.0.3, here is what I did:

1) On my PC, unpacked driver.dvb.sundtek-mediatv-3.0.3.zip
2) In addon.xml lines 7/8, changed "os.openelec.tv" to "4.0" and "xbmc.python" to "2.1.0"
3) In bin/userspace-driver.sh line 256, replaced "for SERIAL in ${SERIALS[ @ ]}; do" with "for SERIAL in $SERIALS; do"
4) Repack "driver.dvb.sundtek-mediatv-3.0.3-patched.zip", copy to Cubox
5) Install "driver.dvb.sundtek-mediatv-3.0.3-patched.zip" on Cubox
6) SSH into Cubox, run "/bin/sh .xbmc/addons/driver.dvb.sundtek-mediatv/bin/userspace-driver.sh"

Things that need to be fixed:

- It seems the Sundtek OpenELEC Add-on has been written for OpenELEC 3.0 and needs to be upgraded to 4.0. OpenELEC will accept this Add-on only after step 2) is applied, else it refuses to install the Add-on. I found that when comparing addon.xml with the one from the current tvheadend add-on sources, not sure about all implications, still needs to be looked into!
- Step 3) is the worst. The problem is that the BusyBox shell reports a syntax error in line 256. I had no time to look into it so far, so I replaced it with a shorter expression that the shell parses. Note that this part of the script is not executed in my case, the outmost condition is FALSE for me, so it doesn't matter what I replace line 256 with as long as it is syntactically correct. So this syntax error is only worked around, it still needs to be fixed!
- Step 6) is neccessary because OpenELEC does not run userspace-driver.sh as it should when installing the Sundtek Add-on. I have no clue why this fails to run automatically, this also needs to be fixed!

I know all this is very quick and dirty, but maybe this can help you when upgrading the OpenELEC Add-on.

Regards,
Christian
« Letzte Änderung: Juli 15, 2014, 10:25:29 Vormittag von Melange »