Autor Thema: SkyTV Ultimate III Install  (Gelesen 5910 mal)

Capodastro

• Profil anzeigen
SkyTV Ultimate III Install
« am: Februar 18, 2013, 12:13:30 Nachmittag »
Hallo!
After long testing here my results:

LINUX

openSUSE 12.2 (x86_64)
Kernel 3.4.28-2.20-desktop x86_64
KDE:  4.9.5 "release 4" Kaffeine 1.2.2
KDE3: 3.5.10  Kaffeine 0.8.8

Kaffeine 1.2.2

- Performed a dirty setup, just connecting the card, disconnecting an old Cinergy and rescanning Astra 19.2 / Hotbird 13.0: no problem!

- Performed a clean setup (complete Kaffeine reset):
  The card was not recognized. I didn't wont to waste time, so I installed the recommended Kaffeine version and the card was recognized. I scanned and everything was fine. HOWEVER, by every program start I got the ominous MsgBox (no device found), after closing the box Kaffeine was working normally.Very nesty!. Finally I reverted to the distribution Kaffeine ( http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Release:/49/openSUSE_12.2/ ) and everything works just fine, no more MsgBox.

Kaffeine 0.8.8

- Always working!

WINDOWS 7/8 32/64 bit
Tested on MediaPortal, ProgDVB, DVBDream and DVBViewer.

I have a problem with DISEqC: as long as I assign only LNB 1 everything works, but assigning LNB 1 and LNB 2 brings in the best case that the card doesn't find any signal on LBN 2 (in my case Hotbird).
On my unprofessional eyes it looks like a driver problem. If I am not getting wrong the card was tested under DISEqC. In case of a bug, as Linux user I can live well with that, but if I did something wrong may I ask for some assistance? I used the driver 130123 installing from the inf file.
Thanks in advance!

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
Re:SkyTV Ultimate III Install
« Antwort #1 am: Februar 18, 2013, 12:18:45 Nachmittag »
Failure is a good thing! I'll fix it

Capodastro

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #2 am: Februar 20, 2013, 09:50:01 Nachmittag »
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/Max1:/branches:/openSUSE:/12.1:/Update/openSUSE_12.2/
yes, that is the package what I am talking about. But wait a minute, do you mean I should also install the devel package?

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #3 am: Februar 21, 2013, 04:09:43 Vormittag »
The development package shouldn't be needed.
Failure is a good thing! I'll fix it