Autor Thema: Sundtek MediaTV Digital Home, VU+ UNO, SMiT Conax Chipset Pairing CAM  (Gelesen 44549 mal)

tentacle

• Profil anzeigen
Sundtek MediaTV Digital Home, VU+ UNO, SMiT Conax Chipset Pairing CAM
« am: November 03, 2011, 02:12:50 Vormittag »
Hallo, I have this combination: USB DVB-C/T tuner Sundtek MediaTV Digital Home, VU+ UNO, SMiT Conax Chipset Pairing CAM with UPC czech smart card (cable TV UPC in Czech Republic). All DVB-C programs I tune successfully, but only free (not encoded) programs works. On TV LG LE8500 all DVB-C programs works OK(CAM with card works with TV DVB-C tuner fine). Help. Need I any drivers, special plug-in or adjustments for VU+ UNO ? I try different images in VU+ UNO (VTI Team, Blackhole, AAF Summer Image ...) but there is still problem with encoded programs (black screen). Thanks.

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
Re:Sundtek MediaTV Digital Home, VU+ UNO, SMiT Conax Chipset Pairing CAM
« Antwort #1 am: November 03, 2011, 02:45:24 Vormittag »
According to our information this is exactly what they (VU+) wanted to work on 1 year ago and we actually thought that they solved that problem already. Direct CAM support is something VU+ needs to offer within their infrastructure.

We'll forward this to the corresponding contact person and see what the answer will be.
Failure is a good thing! I'll fix it

tentacle

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #2 am: November 03, 2011, 03:03:35 Vormittag »
Hmm, bad news :( , but thank you very mouch for the time being. Perhaps better news to arrive.

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #3 am: November 04, 2011, 08:50:00 Nachmittag »
Actually another user just reported that CAM support worked for him, it's getting difficult now he had issues with his CAM module itself? Can you check your CAM module somehow?

tentacle

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #4 am: November 06, 2011, 10:29:08 Nachmittag »
CAM with card is certainly OK. In other devices with DVB-C tuners works flawlessly - all programs displays correctly (free and encoded) there. Only in VU+ UNO with Sundtek MediaTV Digital Home is this problem.

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #5 am: November 06, 2011, 10:45:25 Nachmittag »
This is a topic which VU+ wanted to fix 1 year ago already, we are going over those issues again with them next week.
We were quite surprised to hear that this still doesn't work. For next week we will try to get some official information from VU what they support and what not, the limitation is not on our side, if any updates are required on our side we'll certainly work on it.

mik9

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #6 am: Januar 25, 2012, 11:29:43 Vormittag »
I have exactly the same problem. As this is already some time, have you achieved any progress with Vu+ Duo support to be able to watch encrypted channels using Conax CAM?

tentacle

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #7 am: September 12, 2012, 04:26:56 Nachmittag »
This is a topic which VU+ wanted to fix 1 year ago already, we are going over those issues again with them next week.
We were quite surprised to hear that this still doesn't work. For next week we will try to get some official information from VU what they support and what not, the limitation is not on our side, if any updates are required on our side we'll certainly work on it.

Some progress after 10 months or can i DVB-C USB finally throw in the trash :( ??? !!!!

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #8 am: September 12, 2012, 04:39:01 Nachmittag »

Some progress after 10 months or can i DVB-C USB finally throw in the trash :( ??? !!!!

Instead of posting something like that in our forum you should call your vendor or settopbox manufacturer as they claim to support external tuners. We support the external interface for 100% (and not less than 100%) if your settopbox supplier doesn't push Marusys no change will happen for you, obviously we have done our best here to support issues which are completely out of our hands here.

We visited Marusys within the last 10 months, and contacted them several times and even got answers, however for some usecase they cannot test it and the code that has to be modified is in their hands not in ours.

If there is anything that can be done from our side to help supporting CAM Modules we can certainly help.
« Letzte Änderung: September 12, 2012, 04:48:00 Nachmittag von Sundtek »

StAlex

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #9 am: Oktober 04, 2012, 09:14:19 Vormittag »
Hello.
It seems, the army of unhappy customers with the Vu products and Sundtek is increased ;)
By me.

According to mentioned above issues with the some examples Conax CAM modules, and acts of contacting between Sundtek and Marusys, may be it is possible to use yours contact-line (Sundtek<>Marusys) to offer to the Marusys of the my-own (daily, one or two later evening hours) time and resource to be as a beta-tester on resolving of discussed problems ?

Yes, I am do not have the specific hardware(JTAG for example or other factory-line devices). But, because I have some linux-skills, I can collect a logs, run some debug applications, an so on to provide that information to the manufacturer.

What do you think ?

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #10 am: Oktober 04, 2012, 09:25:45 Vormittag »
Unfortunately this is not a problem on our side, it's completely out of our scope and we have no access to the datapipe which can pipe the TS video stream through the CAM.
It needs a modification within the VU+ System drivers. Marusys is not that big every mail sent to them arrives at the right people. The other problem is that they don't have many resources for such development.

One of our distributors was talking with them a long time ago but nothing happened either in the direction to support CAM modules.
« Letzte Änderung: Oktober 04, 2012, 09:33:05 Vormittag von Sundtek »

StAlex

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #11 am: Oktober 04, 2012, 09:58:07 Vormittag »
Unfortunately this is not a problem on our side, it's completely out of our scope
Yes, I've read about it.
and we have no access to the datapipe which can pipe the TS video stream through the CAM.
But, thanks for the little details.

My post here - it was a hope what is the distance between you and Marusys - is much closer, than between me (or any other Vu customesr) and them. And you have some direct mail contacts with them, or you have the meetings from time-to-time on the some of international expo's, because your works - is inside the same field.

Push the supplier? You know, is the much more than the nothing. At least in Russia, with the "strange bussiness", where the one side, the most of suppliers targeted at the only one way: collecting a cash. And the other side, most of customers goes to the any supplier, which can offer the best price.
As a result - the connection line on the way [customer]->[supplier]->[manufacturer] in the most of cases are broken.

Anyway, Thank you for your reply.

StAlex

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #12 am: November 07, 2012, 07:26:24 Nachmittag »
Today my cable provider starts sending an update for their Conax modules.
In short words, their instruction is - "just switch to the any our channel and waiting for automatic updating starts".

Due to I am writing this message here - no automatic update starts in my case. Also, no updates found if I navigate to the CI-menu with the "Update Firmware" option in module menu.

Is this the same smell from Marusys drivers as described above about decrypting encrypted channels ?

Or it is a little bit different situation? Dead module ?

Sundtek

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #13 am: November 07, 2012, 08:17:17 Nachmittag »
Hmm.. must be within the Marusys drivers, we pick the TS Stream from our device on it and copy it into the interface from Marusys, everything further is a black box for us.

StAlex

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #14 am: November 07, 2012, 08:56:42 Nachmittag »
we pick the TS Stream from our device on it and copy it into the interface from Marusys
Is there any way to backtrace this operation?

May be some parts of TS (other than VPID and APID), wich is comes from your device, in some (in my) cases stay ignored by Marusys drivers ?
In your side is no demultiplexing (by the chip for examble)? full TS "as is" redirecting to the Marusys side ?